Sunday, March 14, 2010

chariots of fiyah!


The 1920's must have been a good time. You could run flailing your arms all around and win an Olympic gold medal, be named "Harold Abrahams" and wear hats with black polka-dotted veils. All of this is according to the wondrous Chariots of Fire, which I saw a couple nights ago. Now it may seem like your average quadruple-Academy-Award-winning-plus-legendary-theme-song movie, but I would say it is a bit more. LOOK AT WHAT EVERYONE IS WEARING.


I couldn't find any really good pictures online, so I had to just pause a youtube video and get these... But hopefully you get the idea. They all have these lovely trench coats with pronounced collars and big buttons. I hope someday I can do some outfit inspired by these, but currently my wardrobe is slightly lacking in anything neutral/not obnoxiously bright and garish. Oh well, hope springs eternal. Some day.


Is that not the best jacket you've ever seen? Why don't guys wear periwinkle, potentially velvet blazers today? ANSWER ME THAT. Furthermore, the hat. The hat. The Hat. So good. I love how the brim flattens in the front, in a kind of feminine way? Coupled with the black ribbon, which so smoothly contrasts the rest of his pale, pastel-ly outfit? Diyaamn.

That is all for now. I'll hopefully upload some outfit pictures soon, but as of right now the cord connecting the computer to the camera is MIA... so...

No comments:

Post a Comment